The purpose of this guide is to inform our Service users of the policies regarding the collection and disclosure of personal information.
Information we collect about you
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored and used:
- information about your device including your IP address, browser type & version, date of access;
- personal information, such as your email address, that you enter when you register with our website. The email addressed is persisted as a personal identifier,
- information accessed while using our website, including when, how often; and which services you’ve accessed,
- information contained in any communications that you send us by email, including its communication content and metadata;
- any other personal information that you might share with us.
- Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
How we use your personal information
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy and under the Terms and Conditions of Use. We may use your personal information for the following:
- administering our website and business;
- personalizing our website for you;
- enabling your use of the services available on our website;
- sending you service-related notifications;
- sending you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- sending you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- sending you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology.
- providing third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
- dealing with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
- keeping our website secure and prevent fraud;
- verifying compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website (including monitoring private messages sent through our website private messaging service); and
- other uses.
- Your privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of your information on our website and can be adjusted using privacy controls on the website.
We will not,without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
Sharing your information
We may disclose your personal information internally and to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors as reasonably and justifiably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies and affiliated organizations as reasonably and justifiably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
- Except as described in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
We value your trust in providing us with your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Access your information
Under European and other data protection and privacy laws that may be applicable to request free of charge:
- Access, update or deletion of your personal information.
- Restriction or objection to our processing of your personal information.
- Portability of your personal information.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, contact us through email@example.com.
How we store your information
This section sets out our data retention policies and procedures which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations regarding the retention and deletion of personal information.
- Personal information that we process for any purpose shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose.
- Without prejudice to article G-2, we will usually but not necessarily, delete personal data such as email addresses within a year from collection.
- Notwithstanding the other provisions of this section, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
- Information that we collect may be stored, processed in, and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use, store and process the information in accordance with this policy. We implement best practices and standards for data security including data transfer through internal, private networks. Information we collect may be transferred to the following countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area: The United States of America, Russia, Japan, China and India.
- Communication between server and client is encrypted (SSL certificate).
- By using our website, you expressly agree to the transfer of personal information described in this section.
Security of your personal information
- We take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- We store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password-and firewall-protected) servers.
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt in or out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third party websites
PIPA LLC, 213 E St, Suite D, Davis, CA 95616.
Governing law and jurisdiction